Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sometimes Weekly Roundup - 2/2

A lot of bloggers do some sort of “Friday Favorites” post weekly, which is a nice, concise way to highlight anything from news articles, artwork, pictures of landscapes, product reviews, and more. I really like the idea of a weekly roundup, but I imagine it will be difficult to post every week. So here is the start of my new project and the first installment of my “Sometimes Weekly Roundup.” I’ll post on the weekends or Mondays, because sometimes I do races on Sundays, which will make it hard to also blog.

Anyway, here we go! Here are a handful of things trending in my life:

I can't stop listening to the "Inside Llewyn Davis" soundtrack. The movie made me fall in love with folk music, tabby cats, Justin Timberlake, and Coen brothers films all over again.


If you're a cyclist in Seattle, you've biked by the Seahawks practice facility on Lake WA. Since December, I haven't been able to walk down the street without seeing a 12th man flag or someone in Seahawks gear. Although I've declared that "I'm so over the Seahawks hype" (my football allegiance is with the MN Vikings), I'm really happy for my city.


 
Lately I've been on a kick of "This American Life" podcasts. This one from 11/8/13 was really good and funny. I play them while I'm cooking or getting ready for bed or even while I'm lifting weights. I get to listen to my favorite authors, like Anne Lamott, David Sedaris, Dave Eggers, and David Foster Wallace. Thank you, public radio.
 
This weekend was not only a great weekend for Seattle football, it was also an amazing couple days at The Dempsey Indoor track at UW. I saw runners like Betsy Saina, Lawi Lalang, Lauren Fleshman, Amanda Winslow, Lauren Penney, and Shannon Leinert light up the track. Herp derp, it's pretty common that the winner of the men's mile runs sub-4. The Dempsey meets are always a really cool experience for runnerds.  
My friend Sara sends out a "Best of" cd every year. The 2013 version just came in the mail and here's the mix. It's excellent!
 

Pic 1

No comments:

Post a Comment