Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Sometimes Weekly Roundup - 4/1

I have a new roommate and his name is Murphy. I actually have 2 new roommates. My friend Amy moved to Seattle from MN and she and her mutt are staying with me until she figures out where she wants to live with her four-legged friend. There's no rush for them to leave, as they are both really fun company. Here's Murphy discovering Mt. Rainier.
 
Saturday night was an impromptu beer and cupcake party with some friends. My friend Annabelle won a dozen Trophy cupcakes and then invited our group of friends out to enjoy them. After much deliberation, I went with one half coconut and one half peanut butter, washed down with a local hef.
 
I absolutely cannot wait for Friday when I head over the mountains for some training. I'm headed to my boyfriend's family's cabin for a weekend of R&R (and biking and running) and it will be the first of many 2014 Chelan training weekends.
 
 
To pay my respects to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's separation announcement, I made a couple recipes from GP's "It's All Good" cookbook (after weeks of looking through the one I checked out from the library, I finally bought the book on Amazon). It turns out, Conscious Uncoupling inspired a delicious Sunday night dinner of Thai style chicken burgers and arugula, mushroom quinoa. Also, am I the only one who didn't realize Gwyneth had her own lifestyle blog? (not really my lifestyle, but some good stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment