Monday, April 7, 2014

Sometimes Weekly Roundup - 4/7



Cupcakes from Cupcake Royale in my work hood. My co-worker and I both had birthdays on Thursday, so we walked over and indulged. I had the Tiramisu cupcake and it was fantastic.

View from my bike workout on Tuesday evening - SHORTSLEEVE BIKE JERSEY (with arm warmers, but still)!! Golden Gardens, Seattle, WA
 
My neighborhood is awesome. Tuesday nights one of the local bars has a $5 steak dinner (it's pretty good!) and 2 scoop Tuesday at Bluebird Ice Cream just up the street. My friends Ellie and Amy, both MN girls, treated me to dinner and dessert as an early birthday present.
  
Last of the birthday week pictures - Thursday night, my actual birthday, I went for a run with friends and then met up with a bigger group at a dive-y Mexican place near my house. We feasted on chips & salsa, extra large burritos, beer, and a pie that Sydnie picked up from A la Mode Pies in Greenwood to round out my dessert tour. Here's a picture of Dave and Sydnie, 2 of my Hood to Coast teammates and friends, dishing up strawberry rhubarb pie. Nobody sang the Garrison Keillor rhubarb pie song.
 
This past weekend was my first training trip to Lake Chelan for the year. I went over with Gerry (the bf) and we stayed with his parents, aunt & uncle, 2 brothers, sister-in-law, and 4 dogs. It was a full house, but a ton of fun. The training was great too. I was coming off a recovery week, but still got in 120 miles of riding and 11 miles of running over the 2 days. The lake  won't be warm enough for a few more weeks, but the views are still nice.  
 


1 comment:

  1. It is also important to note that we shut down the Mexican joint (the time is really irrelevant)....very impressive.

    ReplyDelete