Monday, May 12, 2014

Sometimes Weekly Roundup - 5/12



I started off last week with a 15 hour road trip on Sunday to make it to work on time Monday morning after racing Wildflower. It's no wonder I felt a little strung out the rest of the week - tired, sore, trying to catch up on life. I ended up sick by Friday. Sub-optimal.


It's officially open water swim season in Seattle. They guy pictured above (with the orange buoy) braved the brisk Greenlake waters without a wetsuit. He was a bit of a weirdo. I swam in Lake Washington on Thursday and lasted about 20 minutes. In my opinion, it still needs a few more warm weather days to get to a comfortable temperature.


Last Tuesday I attended a book reading by Molly Wizenberg, author of the food blog Orangette. She and her husband opened the restaurant Delancey, which is less than a couple miles from my house. I really enjoyed her first book and I'm already liking her second. I was so inspired reading her recipes that I signed up for two different cooking classes this summer. Some of the food in her book will be covered in the class (i.e. homemade ricotta).

And finally, I think every day should be BICYCLE DAY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment